ACCESS STATEMENT FOR KIONE TURRYS SELF CATERING COTTAGE PEEL
This Access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs, it aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer all our guests/visitors.
Kione Turrys Cottage is located in the heart of Peel. The cottage is mid terrace, with two bedrooms one bathroom, lounge – diner, separate kitchen and outside courtyard. The main shopping street is around the corner less than a minutes’ walk away. It is a 2 minute gradual downhill walk to the harbour. Parking is available in the free public car park opposite the house.
The cottage is inappropriate for full time wheel chair users. Please let us know if you require any additional equipment during your stay and we will endeavour to accommodate.
The owner is Deirdre Clucas, who looks forward to welcoming you. If you would like any further information, assistance or to go ahead and book any then please phone either landline number 01624 842772 or mobile 07624 433617. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Key collection, welcome and Car Parking
- There is free car park directly opposite the property, known as Douglas Street car park. The car park is virtually flat near the house. Tarmac, marked parking spaces. The car park has a slight incline away from the cottage.
- Take care as the car park is zoned into a disc parking area for up to 2 hours only. The rest of the car is unrestricted. Look out for the signs.
- On arrival you will be welcomed by Deirdre. She will show you around, explaining the various facilities and will answer any questions prior to leaving you with the keys.
- A full guest information folder with emergency contacts details is left in the lounge.
- Should you find something not working or to your satisfaction please contact Deirdre straight away and she will endeavour to resolve the issue.
Entrance to the property
- The entrance to the property is directly from the pavement. The threshold is approximately 10cms high and the width is 75cms. Keyhole lock is 90cms high. Yale lock key.
- Inside the entrance you go either directly upstairs or turn into the lounge.
- The entrance has no hand rail.
- The hall light switch is on the left hand side as you enter. It is 134cms from the floor.
- All the door frames are in a dark wood and are a good contrast with the cream walls.
Lounge & diner
- The light switch for the lounge is in the hallway, at the bottom of the stairs on the left hand side. 134cms from the floor.
- The lounge has light wood effect vinyl flooring. With a mat in front of the electric fire.
- There is a door into the lounge from the hall. 78 cms wide.
- Furniture is moveable but not on castors.
- One leather double sofa and two leather chairs. Additional foot stools are in the lounge.
- Free stat TV with remote control, sub titles and sky text available. DVD player. CD / Radio player.
- Dining table is in the corner of the lounge. Table and four chairs. The table is 77cms from the floor. The dining table is 76cms square. All four chairs are moveable with padded seats and no arms.
- The consumer boxes are the lounge by the front window. The cupboard on the left houses the electrical trip switch. The cupboard on the right has the off handle for the gas. Both cupboards are locked. The key for the cupboard can be found on a hook on the lounge door frame, above the cupboard.
- There is a 68cms sliding door on entry into the kitchen.
- The kitchen light switch is to the right hand side. 134cms from the floor.
- The worktop height is 92cms.
- Electric oven with drop down door with hob above.
- Sink at worktop height with cupboards underneath.
- The kitchen cupboards are a mixture of underneath and several above.
- There is an recirculating extract fan
- A mini 6 place setting dishwasher is placed within a under counter cupboard. From the floor to handle is 59cms.
- The lighting come from four spot lights in the centre of the kitchen ceiling.
- Flooring is a continuous from the lounge, being light wood effect vinyl flooring.
- Free standing Fridge Freezer. Fridge is on the top.
- Microwave, kettle & toaster are all on the work surface.
- Standard washer/drier machine underneath kitchen counter top.
- Gas fired boiler is by the back door. Set on a timer. Deirdre will go through all the settings on arrival.
- There is a Carbon Monoxide Alarm within the kitchen, near the boiler.
- Back door leading out to the courtyard has a threshold step of 10cms.
- The external kitchen door is 70cms wide.
- Access to the courtyard is via the kitchen.
- There is a dust bin & washing line.
- A table and two chairs is within the courtyard over the summer months.
- The outside tap installed for washing dogs is already pre-set to supply warm water.
Hallway leading to the first floor
- The light switch for first floor landing is at the bottom of the stairs on the left hand side, there is also a switch at the top of the stairs. Both are 134cms from the floor.
- A tile floor with door mat installed within the tiles.
- 13 standard stair steps take you to the first floor.
- A sturdy hand rail is fixed on the right hand side.
- Stairs are laid with carpet.
- Bedroom is carpeted.
- Door width is 72cms.
- Standard double bed – 4ft 6inches.
- Bed height 61cms floor to top of mattress.
- Non feather duvet and pillows provided.
- Clearance at the end of the bed to the wall is 183cms.
- Bedside drawers are 58cms high, with lamps either side. The lamp switches are on the neck below the light bulb.
- Dressing table with mirror is 76cms high, with chair 48cms high.
- Sliding wardrobe doors.
- Chest of drawers with TV/DVD player placed on top with remote control.
- The second bedroom has adult bunk beds, both being a single 3ft bed.
- Lower bunk is 50cms from the floor, Gap lower to top bunk is 52cms,
- Top bunk is 125cms from the floor, access is via a ladder at the rear.
- Non feather duvets and pillows provided.
- Beside shelves screwed on to the wall, each at bed level.
- Each bunk has its own wall light with on/off switch.
- Standard double wardrobe and chest of drawers furnish this room.
- Door width 72cms with frosted glass and curtain for added privacy.
- The floor is a medium colour vinyl.
- The bathroom suite is white.
- Safety bathroom lock fitted. A coin will unlock the door from the hallway in an emergency.
- The bathroom light switch is on the hall wall outside the bathroom.
- Lighting is supplied from a central ceiling light.
- The bathroom fan can be turned on and off via the switch also found in the hallway, it is 204cms from the floor.
- Bath with shower over. Bath is 54cms from the floor to the top of the bath. 168cms in length, 69cms wide.
- Bath taps are a thermostat mixer tap with a moveable shower hose and head.
- A white shower curtain and rail runs along the bath, together with a part clear glass fixed shower screen.
- The toilet is next to the bath. Toilet seat height is 42cms.
- The sink sits beside the wall and the toilet. There is a gap of 18cms either side of the toilet.
- The pedestal sink height is 80cms, with a single lever mixer tap and pop up sink plug.
- A heated towel rail is mounted on the wall by the sink.
- Free standing toilet roll holder and toilet brush sits by the toilet, this can be moved to suit.
- A small freestanding, open, two shelf stand contains space for your toiletries, with toilet rolls underneath.
- There are no handrails or supports
Final Departure/ Checkout
- Leave one set of keys on the table in the lounge and then lock the external front door and post the other set of keys through the letter box.
- Your security payment will be returned once the property has been checked. Please do let us know if there has been any breakages.
Proprietor: Deirdre Clucas
Correspondence Address: Carn-y-Greie, Tynwald Road, Peel, Isle of Man. IM5 1JL.
Property Address: Kione Turrys, 23 Douglas Street, Peel, Isle of Man. IM5 1BA
Telephone: Home: 01624 842772 & Mobile: 07624 433617
Grid Reference: OSD Grid SC242843
Local Taxi: Westcoast Taxi’s on 01624 842889 or Terry’s Taxi’s on 01624 842224 both based in Peel.
or www.Taxi.im – Ian Maule 07624 229632
Bus Information: www.bus.im or Tel: 01624 662525