ACCESS STATEMENT FOR BALLEY BEG SELF CATERING COTTAGE PEEL
This Access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs, it aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer all our guests/visitors
Balley Beg Cottage is located in the heart of Peel. The cottage is mid terrace, with two bedrooms one bathroom, lounge – diner, separate kitchen and outside courtyard. The main shopping street is around the corner less than a minutes’ walk away. It is a 2 minute gradual downhill walk to the harbour. Parking is available in the free public car park opposite the house.
The cottage is inappropriate for full time wheel chair users. Please let us know if you require any additional equipment during your stay and we will endeavour to accommodate.
The owner is Deirdre Clucas, who looks forward to welcoming you. If you would like any further information, assistance or to go ahead and book any then please phone either landline number 01624 842772 or mobile 07624 433617. Email email@example.com
Key collection, Welcome and Car Parking
- There is free car park directly opposite the property, known as Douglas Street car park. The car park is virtually flat near the house. Tarmac, marked parking spaces. The car park has a slight incline away from the cottage.
- Take care as the car park is zoned into a disc parking area for up to 2 hours only. The rest of the car is unrestricted. Look out for the signs.
- On arrival you will be welcomed by Deirdre. She will show you around, explaining the various facilities and will answer any questions prior to leaving you with the keys.
- A full guest information folder with emergency contacts details is left in the lounge.
- Should you find something not working or to your satisfaction please contact Deirdre straight away and she will endeavour to resolve the issue.
Entrance to the property
- The entrance to the property is directly from the pavement. The threshold is approximately 10cms high and the width is 75cms. Keyhole lock is 90cms high. Yale lock key.
- Inside the entrance you go either directly upstairs or turn into the lounge.
- The entrance has no hand rail.
- The hall light switch is on the right hand side as you enter. It is 134cms from the floor.
- All the door frames are in a dark wood and are a good contrast with the cream walls.
Lounge & diner
- The light switch for the lounge is in the hallway, at the bottom of the stairs on the right hand side. 134cms from the floor.
- The lounge has light wood effect vinyl flooring. With a mat in front of the electric fire.
- There is a door into the lounge from the hall. 78 cms wide.
- Furniture, sofa is non moveable and chairs are movable.
- One brown fabric sofa and two leather chairs. Additional foot stools are in the lounge.
- Free stat TV with remote control, sub titles and sky text available. DVD player. CD / Radio player.
- Dining table is in the corner of the lounge. Table and four chairs. The table is 75cms from the floor. The round dining table is 100cms round. All four chairs are moveable with padded seats and no arms.
- The consumer boxes are the lounge by the front window. The cupboard on the right houses the electrical trip switch. The cupboard on the left has the off handle for the gas. Both cupboards are locked. The key for the cupboard can be found on a hook on the lounge door frame, above the cupboard.
- There is a 73cms sliding door on entry into the kitchen.
- The kitchen light switch is to the right hand side in the lounge. 133cms from the floor.
- The worktop height is 92cms.
- Electric oven with drop down door with hob above.
- Sink at worktop height with cupboards underneath.
- The kitchen cupboards are a mixture of underneath and several above.
- There is an recirculating extract fan
- A mini 6 place setting dishwasher is placed within a under counter cupboard. From the floor to handle is 60cms.
- The lighting come from two ceiling lights on either end of the kitchen.
- Flooring is a continuous from the lounge, being light wood effect vinyl flooring.
- Free standing under counter fridge and freezer, both standard 90cms.
- Microwave, kettle & toaster are all on the work surface.
- Standard washer/drier machine underneath kitchen counter top.
- Gas fired boiler is by the back door. Set on a timer. Deirdre will go through all the settings on arrival.
- There is a Carbon Monoxide detector within the kitchen, along with fire alarm.
- Back door leading out to the courtyard has a threshold step of 15cms.
- The external kitchen door is 69cms wide.
- Access to the courtyard is via the kitchen.
- There is a dust bin & washing line.
- A toughened glass table and two chairs are within the courtyard over the summer months.
- The outside tap is cold water only.
- Green Artificial grass is laid on the ground within the courtyard
- A gate adjoins the two cottages. The bolt is 107cms from the floor
Hallway leading to the first floor
- The light switch for first floor landing is at the bottom of the stairs on the right hand side, there is also a switch at the top of the stairs. Both are 134cms from the floor.
- A tile floor with door mat installed within the tiles.
- 13 standard stair steps take you to the first floor.
- A sturdy hand rail is fixed on the right hand side.
- Stairs are laid with carpet.
- Bedroom is carpeted.
- Door width is 72cms.
- The bedroom has a large zip and link bed and will either be made up as one large 6ft 3inch by 6ft bed or two 6ft 3inches by 3ft.
- Bed height 69cms floor to top of mattress.
- Non feather duvet and pillows provided.
- Clearance at the end of the bed to the wall is 100cms.
- Wall lights above the bed. The light switches 76cms from the top of the mattress.
- Bedside drawers are 69cms high.
- Dressing table with mirror is 69cms high.
- Triple combination wardrobe, with mirror, hanging and shelving.
- TV is wall mounted at the bottom of the bed. Floor to base is 93cms.
- The second bedroom has two adult single 3ft beds.
- The mattress is 56cms from the floor.
- Space between one bed and the wall is 68cms and the other is 82cms.
- Non feather duvets and pillows provided.
- Beside cabinets, top of unit is 76cms from the floor, with beside lights on top.
- Triple wardrobe , with mirror and hanging space.
- Door width 72cms with frosted glass and curtain for added privacy.
- The floor is a medium colour vinyl.
- The bathroom suite is white.
- Safety bathroom lock fitted. A coin will unlock the door from the hallway in an emergency.
- The bathroom light switch is on the landing outside the bathroom, the light switch is 137cms from the floor, it has two switches, one for mirror light and then main light & fan together.
- Lighting is supplied from a central ceiling light & fan or there is a mirror light above the sink.
- L Shaped bath with shower over, with moveable glass door. The grab rail is 92cms from inside the bath. Bath is 64cms from the floor to the top of the bath. 158cms in length, at the L Shape the bath width is 84cms and the short end 69cms wide.
- Bath taps are a mixer tap. The shower head is on a moveable rail with thermostatic control.
- The toilet is next to the bath. Toilet seat height is 45cms.
- The sink sits beside the wall and the toilet. There is a gap of 14cms either side of the toilet.
- The sink unit height is 88cms, with a single lever mixer tap and push plug.
- A heated towel rail is mounted on the wall by the sink.
Final Departure/ Checkout
- Leave one set of keys on the table in the lounge and then lock the external front door and post the other set of keys through the letter box.
- Your security payment will be returned once the property has been checked. Please do let us know if there has been any breakages.
Proprietor: Deirdre Clucas
Correspondence Address: Carn-y-Greie, Tynwald Road, Peel, Isle of Man. IM5 1JL.
Property Address: Balley Beg, 23a Douglas Street, Peel, Isle of Man. IM5 1BA
Telephone: Home: 01624 842772 & Mobile: 07624 433617
Grid Reference: OSD Grid SC242843
Local Taxi: Westcoast Taxi’s on 01624 842889 or Terry’s Taxi’s on 01624 842224 both based in Peel.
or www.Taxi.im – Ian Maule 07624 229632
Bus Information: www.bus.im or Tel: 01624 662525